Thursday, January 28, 2010

EOC week 3 – Great Customer Service

My experience with great customer service will have to be the time that I found a torn up hundred-dollar bill in the street. It was only half of the whole bill so I thought that it could not be used and was considering just leaving it there, or discarding it after I had picked it up. Well, I ended up taking it home and thought about just keeping it as a memoir of some sort, but at the time, (I was around 13 and living with my grandparents) my grandma told me that it was a good possibility that I could get a new bill that I could spend if I sent it to the US Mint. So I grabbed a plain white envelope, searched for the Mint’s address out of the phone book, labeled it with their mailing address and my return address, licked a stamp, threw it on there and dropped it into the mailbox. I really only expected to receive the same torn, half hundred-dollar bill that I had sent off, probably with a little note explaining how sorry they were for not being able to exchange my poor torn bill for a nice new, crisp one, that of course I could spend anywhere in the world, but they didn’t. To my amazing surprise, they sent me a brand new, crisp hundred-dollar bill, the one that I had been imagining for like two weeks. It only took about two weeks for me to receive it including shipping time, I couldn’t believe it. I thought it would have taken at least a month or more and I would have had to call, or keep calling and give them all sorts of info like the serial number and date I had sent it, but I didn’t, and to add to it, they even sent me a little paper bill holder that encased the note…awesome service, Treasury!

No comments:

Post a Comment