Thursday, February 4, 2010

EOC week 4 Favorite SuperBowl Ad

The 1995 Pepsi SuperBowl commercial of the little boy in the inner-tube would have to be one of my favorites, for that year definitely, and for most of the others. It features a boy, (elementary age) sitting in an inner-tube, drinking a Pepsi out of a bottle, with a straw on a beach. He then finishes sucking down all the Pepsi until all is gone except for a couple of drops, trying to accomplish finishing off every single drop, he continues sucking until he eventually sucks himself into the bottle.....hysterically funny and clever! I don't exactly remember what Pepsi's longtime arch rival and competitor Coca Cola did that year, but that's my point, I don't REMEMBER! I do on the other hand remember this one, and it sparked off that year's successful ad campaign for Pepsi with a follow-up series of resembling "sucked-up" themes. Congrats Pepsi, for again a great ad. Truly one of my most memorable and commendable commercials of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment