Thursday, February 11, 2010

EOC week 5 Super Bowl Commercial

Out of all of this year’s Super Bowl ads, the Doritos ad with the kid slapping his mom’s date was my most memorable. There were a few other commercials that were good, but this one just came out of nowhere and grabbed my attention by being, well how else can I say it, but…shocking. It gained notoriety in my book by being surpassing hilarious. It started out as being just another one of those happy-go-lucky, cheerful commercials of a guy taking out a beautiful date, but I knew something was to come of it because after all it was the Super Bowl, so I just sat there and kept looking, not much is suspense, but curious. I wondered what was up when she asked the guy to sit and wait, (I’m thinking how typical) because she wasn’t ready, introduced him to her son and said it would only take a minute. Well as he, (her date) keened his eyes on her behind as she walked out the room…SMACK!!!, came the little boy’s hand right across his face as he said, “two things you don’t touch, my momma and my Doritos”- hysterical. I think I will always remember that commercial and in my opinion the best one this year for the class of humor. I must say that describing which segment they were targeting is pretty hard, but if I must, I would say I think it was marketed for the younger generation, single households definitely, and to each of the genders. I think the age range diversified from elementary kids with their parent’s income to I’d say, 40 year olds, but because of its humor, it could have been for anyone- although some might have taken it into offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment