Thursday, February 18, 2010

EOC Week 6 Campbell’s Soup

My ultimate favorite type of soup would have to be Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup mixed with either Campbell’s Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom, or sometimes both. Since a child growing up my grandmother used to make this for all her grand children and she had her own recipe where she added other ingredients to it. So I guess every time I have a spoon-full of it, it brings me back to home and at stressed times, it comforts me. Also it tends to warm my body from the inside out on those frosty winter days and is a quick alternative to a meal when I’m rushing to have something to eat. I truly can say that I have never had chicken noodle soup as good as my granny’s recipe. I try to duplicate her way of making it, but it’s something about hers that just can’t be copied-guess it’s the granny’s touch!

Thinking of a great soup that would compliment Campbell’s condensed product line; I would have to say, Oxtail Soup. I think it would be a great new extension because there are so many people in this world who prefer, or by religion choose, beef over other meats. It is also a widely used soup in many cultures, but at the same time a unique food in many other countries. I love oxtail soup because the meat itself has a distinct flavor, and when mixing it with vegetables it is just mm…mm…marvelous; plus very nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment